Are you tired of the way your smile looks? Have you recently had a tooth extracted? Having a missing tooth in your smile can cause you to feel embarrassed when you smile. At Bismarck Advanced Dental and Implants, we specialize in creating custom patient treatment plans to restore your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dr. Hoerner can show you how dental implants will work to improve your smile. A dental implant is a surgical procedure that will involve inserting a titanium post into the jaw. The screw will then bond with the bone over a period of three months or longer. Once it has fused together, we will then create a crown that securely attaches to the post. A prosthetic tooth can be shaped and styled into any color and size as needed to perfect your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Even though dental implants can be an expensive procedure, there are several benefits to dental implants. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Restored confidence: When you receive dental implants, you may find yourself feeling confident again. No longer will you worry that people can see a large gap in your smile. This will make you feel better about yourself, and less embarrassed to smile.
- Improved appearance: One of the main reasons to receive dental implants is because they are a permanent solution to missing teeth. They will look and feel just like your regular teeth.
- Improved speech: When you are missing teeth, it is hard for the tongue to press against the teeth to say the right words. When you have dental implants, the tongue can function properly, allowing you to say words clearly.
- Improved eating: New teeth will allow you to eat properly. They do not cause pain as many people experience when they have dentures.
Types of Dental Implants
There are two main forms of dental implants used, endosteal and subperiosteal. The endosteal implants are the most common dental implant used as it is surgically inserted into the jawbone until the screw bonds with the bone. A subperiosteal implant is placed under the gum, but it is above the jawbone. The implant is commonly used when patients do not have healthy gum tissue and bone health to support a traditional implant. We provide dental implant services including:
- All-on-four dental implant
- Multi-tooth implant
- Single tooth implant
- Fixed denture
Am I a Candidate for Implants?
If you aren’t sure if implants are right for you, talk to Dr. Hoerner. We can do a complete oral evaluation to determine if implants are the right option. Some people will need to receive bone grafts before they are eligible for the implant. The bone grafts help to improve the strength of the jaw, allowing the titanium screw to fuse properly. Dental implants currently have a 98% success rate, making them one of the best dental procedures for individuals hoping to restore their smile.
Caring for Implants
The implant process can take a year to complete in some situations. Once you have completed the implant process, it is essential to care for your implants. Proper care of the implants will involve daily brushing and flossing of the implants. You need to care for them as if they were your regular teeth to prevent gum disease. If the gums begin to recede, contact Bismarck Advanced Dental and Implants as soon as possible.